This blog is sure to be filled with the makings of the biggest adventure this little family has ever embarked upon.
Friday, September 9, 2011
Settled, But Waiting
The past few weeks have been everything you'd expect: crazy, fun, stressful, frustrating, and most of all, happy. It is so good to be together - a complete family - that I sometimes forget all we've been through and have yet to figure out. We are just happy to be with each other. School started on Wednesday, and the transition for both kids has been good. Kes has made friends with girls from the ward and been invited to play. She is enjoying her new middle school, and thrilled at how small it is in comparison to where she would have gone had we not moved. She discovered the cafeteria offers slushies and pretzels for lunch and has already sampled, which I think is adorable. She seems more sure of herself every day, although it hasn't been without struggles. She hasn't slept in days. She sheepishly comes out of her room hour after hour each night, complaining that she just can't seem to fall asleep. We've tried everything! Last night was significantly better than the past few, so I hope her nerves are settled and she can get back on track.
Log has a few boys from church in his 4th grade class and has already been invited to a birthday party, which is very exciting. It wasn't until scouts on Wednesday that he discovered the two of the boys were from his class at school. He loves that many of the routines are the same as his old school - fun Friday, classroom store, nightly homework sign-off sheet. He enjoys his teacher, but isn't thrilled with the rules. They haven't been allowed to have any recess yet, as they spend the entire time (as a whole school) learning proper bell procedures and line-ups. He can't wait to get to the playground, so I hope he gets the chance today.
Bryce and I are doing our own one-on-one preschool, for now. He loves it and asks if we are having a preschool day. I need to get more organized, but we have already made improvements and he has finally mastered spelling his name. I am sad we were not able to place him in a preschool, but everything here is ridiculously expensive and/or full. A preschool teacher from the ward has offered to allow us to join her class on field trips, which will be wonderful. We also plan to play at the gym a couple times a week and will become regulars at library storytime.
The short sale: We finally heard yesterday that our file has landed on a new negotiator's desk - the fifth negotiator since this process began. She actually called the agent and apologized for the delay and said she would attempt to get us an answer in the next 10 days. We are hopeful, but understand that so far, the bank has never kept its promises. Meanwhile, we house hunt. Just yesterday, we found a house we absolutely love, but it is just barely outside Bonney Lake city limits. That means it is in a different ward and different schools. I was wracked with frustration yesterday thinking about how well the kids are handling everything and how mean it would be to make them start over again. We will see. At this point, I think we will wait the 10 days and then make a permanent decision to move forward. And, we'll keep our eyes peeled for another house within the schools/ward we are enjoying.
So that is our life. I drive up the hill and down to Bonney Lake about seventeen times a day (the kids go at drastically different times, so I end up going to the schools 4 times a day). It would be nice to live closer, but our little townhome is wonderful. JP has a day off tomorrow, so we are off on an adventure to Mt. Rainier. We will spend tonight at the Bonney Lake vs. Sumner football game, at the field next to our house. It will be a great weekend.
Someday soon, I hope to write that we have a house...until then, we will love where we are and wait (patiently, if possible).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
been wondering how you were doing...
We started pre-school last week and Sam stood at the door waiting for his "brycie" to talk to him about gravity:)
We had a sad moment, when he rmembered that Brycen moved. he is missed, very much.
SO, so, happy that you are all together and can enjoy family time. I know it's been a long time coming.
Post a Comment