Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wanna See What We Are Up To?

After a painful 9 months of house hunting, offer placing and utter rejection, we have finally received some good news.  We have found a home.  Let me back up and share the details. 

One of the first places we visited while searching for a home was a new construction neighborhood in BL.  We really liked a particular floor plan, but the home sites were extremely small.  We left disappointed and continued our search for an existing home.  Every so often, we returned to that development, always commenting how we loved that particular house.  But, it never made sense to us.

A couple of weeks ago, a friend who recently moved here called and told us her family had decided to build in that neighborhood.  She suggested we take another look.  So, we did.  We met with the agent and determined that there was only one lot in the neighborhood we were interested in.  But, it was already sold.  He promised to call if the lot came open, but he doubted it would, as the buyer's financing was secure.  Then, a miracle happened.  He literally called us two days later with news that the lot was available.  We rushed over and started the buying process.  We submitted an offer on a Saturday and expected news on Monday.  When Monday came, the news was a shock.  The builder would not be able to build that house plan any longer.  We couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of it all.  Here we assumed that this deal was a slam dunk.  Yes, we would have to wait for construction, but we would get the house in the end.  We were extremely disappointed and quickly moved on to attempt to purchase a foreclosure.

The foreclosure was its own disaster and we were left homeless, yet again.  On a whim, JP decided to ask if the builder would be interested in building a houseplan we had seen online.  I thought it was a longshot.  But, the news the next day was that they would be happy to build it for us.  We submitted an offer and within 12 hours had an agreement with the builder.

It is hard to believe that I don't have to spend any more time searching home listings and MLS websites.  What ever will I do with my time?

Want to see the house?

Our Future Home

I know, it is my first link in a blog.  Be proud.  Some day, I might even add some pictures.  One step at a time, people.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

CINDY! I'm so, so happy for you guys. The home is beautiful, and no one deserves it more than you. I can't even count the number of times I have wanted to call you in the past months, and it's beyond embarassing that I haven't managed it yet. Soon, yes? We need to talk! Hurray again for the house, it looks just perfect.