Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Beginning or The End (whichever)

Here I go again. I've attempted this blogging thing before. My life is boring. There is little to write about that can hold a reader's attention. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I finally convinced myself (again) that blogging might be the best way to document our life and keep in touch with those I love. My little family is embarking on a bit of an adventure. We are counting down the days until we move from our home of eight years and start fresh in a beautiful, rainy city.

As I have contemplated leaving this home I love, these people who are my people, these familiar roads, stores, parks and schools, I have often been brought to tears. My tears as selfish. I love my life, the doings of my every day in this place called home. I don't want anything to change. Yet, I want everything to change. I know this adventure is right for us. I feel it. And because I feel it, I want it desperately. I can't wait to start fresh, to introduce my children to the level of change that will shape their lives. I know my family will be better in our new city. I know we will have more time for each other and be able to make more memories together. We will be happy. But, how do we say goodbye to the only home our children have ever known? How do we convince them that life will be greater, better, wetter, happier than all the greatness and happiness they already know?

When JP and I made this decision, we knew that our attitude would make all the difference. Thus, this is our grand adventure. For many, this may seem like a trivial move less than four hours away. But to us, this is like moving to a new country, filled with so many unknowns. And in the meantime, there is so much to do, to figure out, to research, TO PACK! All of that is mighty overwhelming for a girl like me. But, I am endeavoring to take one day at a time, to fill it with the things I need to do most (even if that is to sit and read a book). I know it will all work out - we will find the home we are supposed to live in - our children's school will fit their needs - they will find friends - I will find friends - we will be home. Now, I just have to make it to tomorrow.

8 comments:

naturaljoy said...

I am really excited about this blog, JP said he was coming to my funeral so I really better keep up on you guys:)

dandee said...

We're feeling really sad here too. Missing our carpool friends and seeing your sweet children's faces after school. BUT, we're also SO excited for you. Excited for your grand adventure + that you're letting us come along for the ride.
xo.

Chelsea said...

What am I going to do without Kesley in class??? Our ward is definitely going to feel a void with your family leaving. Don't feel like you need to have an exciting life to blog. Nobody really has that exciting of a life (or maybe it's just me and you who are boring). We wish you luck on your new adventure!

PRP said...

Hooray! On the top of my to-do list was to pester you into starting a blog so we could keep track of you..now I an check that off!

We will all miss you terribly but you're exactly right; your family needs this and I think it will be a wonderful adventure for you. And lucky for me, I'll be in your new neighborhood often enough to come visit!

Love you Cindy. Can't wait to see what this adventure brings.

Brook said...

I am glad that there will be a blog posts to make you seem not so far away and gone.

You were one of the many first people that came and introduced yourself to us on that first Sunday that we were looking for a home, and soon after you were in my home to welcome us. I hope there is a Cindy Powell in your new ward to help you feel as welcome as I did here. Thanks for all the advice with my kids and sleeping and parenting techniques. I have learned so much from you and your family! You will not be forgotten!

::lindsay said...

I'm going to miss you so much and am glad you are going to blog! I'm so excited for you and your family because I know that this is the best thing for you guys and can't wait to hear about this exciting new chapter in your lives. I'll miss you terribly though and am so grateful for your friendship all these years and of course, all the years to come!

tharker said...

I was so excited last night when you said you were going to open up your blog! And then I sat here reading your words, and feeling your emotions and I had to fight back the tears yet again.

My tears are somewhat selfish too, because I am going to miss you so much but they are also tears of gratitude. I know how long you and JP have been waiting for this answer, and I know what a blessing this will be to your family. I truly am thankful that this is happening for you.

I know I've said it before, but when I was in high school, never in a million years would I have thought that one day one of my dearest friends would be JP's wife. But I am so thankful for the turns in life that have led us to this friendship. You have been an incredible influence in my life these last 8 years and I love you! Your family is a part of our family now and always will be.

I cannot wait to hear more about this journey your family is taking. Thank goodness for technology!!

cate create said...

While reading this post, I felt like you described what I am feeling exactly with our move. Can I just copy and paste it into my blog? We really are going to miss your family. You all have been such great examples and friends to us. On Sunday when Kesley was playing her violin, it brought tears to my eyes thinking of not seeing your family. I'm glad you're doing a blog, and you inspired me to be better at it too. Sure love your family, and wish you all the happiness you've had here. Your new ward family is going to love you so much!